I love to use art to express emotions, thoughts and ideas. Art is proven to be more engaging, easier to connect to, attractive and memorable. It takes you to a thought process that words cannot reach.
Here’s things I am able to do, what they mean and some timescales attached:
- Pictorials – Pictorials are different to sketchnotes. Pictorials focus on the art, colour and expression of drawings to convey messages – sketchnotes don’t do this. Pictorials have a lot more thought put into them and are creative while sketchnotes are more spontaneous and simple drawings orientated. Pictorials usually take 2 weeks to do based on the content
- Comic strips – Comic strips are an on-going storyboard message which all links together. The style of drawing is much more cartoon like, less informative, more humours with speech bubbles along the way. They are good for stories, incidents or mysteries. These usually take 1-2 weeks to do based on the content
- Book illustrations – A book illustration is a big project to take on. Working with an author, different styles of characters are drawn and tested and colour schemes are explored. It’s important to really visualise the story and research different styles to make sure the story truely comes to life, is vibrant, fun and engaging. These usually take 2-3 months depending on the content, number of pages and style.
- Sketchnotes – I love sketchnotes. They simplify complex information, are visually orientated and focus on the important bits people want to/need to remember. They are based more on doodling with shapes, connectors and writing. They do not focus on the art, quality or pictorial aspects. These usually take 1-2 weeks depending on the content.
- Logos – Are very important to branding. They visually represent you in a small simple graphic. There’s lots of graphic logos you can get but I specialise in drawing logos. If you have a vision already the timescale can be a few days. If you don’t have a vision and are struggling, I look at any materials you can provide and come up with a few different logos to share with you.
- Icon characters – If you just want some characters drawing for multiple use e.g, presentations or to put in documents, I can draw them as isolated pictures. Lots of people like characters drawn of themselves or team members. Timescales are usually less than 1 week
- Pictorial or sketchnotes at events – I have a day job which means I’m really limited in how many events I can attend to observe/facilitate for pictorial or sketchnote taking. I am all about the art, visual effects and thought process for drawing. I don’t like to be rushed and I like to feel emotions in my work. I draw on my Ipad (so not live graphic recording) I use all this material to skilfully draw an end result that not only summarises the event but reflects outputs that will be used in the future. I take everything into consideration and use colour and art to express it all.
If you are interested in my style or work, please contact me; pricing varies but I keep it reasonable.
I do sometimes do them for free for good causes/charities…so always worth getting in touch with me.
You can see some examples under the “pictorial” page
Some of my current projects underway in partnership are:
- What is appreciative inquiry
- Research matters: Strategy branding
- The use of effective whiteboards
- The core values at a university
- Children’s book about an elephant
- A Hospitals quality improvement logo
- Carers engaging with healthcare
- A Hospital’s improvement methodology
- A charity improving mental health awareness
- Leadership values
- National patient campaign
- Branding for a Hospitals charity